Saturday 12 July 2014

"Mission to Nowhere" by Isaac Oluyi


Glittering. Shinning. And even appealing.
From outside it is inviting.
Beckoning on ambitious Homo Sapiens
Many a man ignorantly walks into the beautiful den.
The lions inside are always roaring.
Sometimes they intimidate their preys,
Some other time they jollificate with them.
Like the Sphinx no one knows their true identity
Each passing moment I ruminate on how I got into the den
Could this be a misadventure?
My guardian angel reminds me always that it’s survival!
What manner of survival is this? I enquired
Will there ever be an escape route?
As the den is like a heavenly hell
And it’s suffocatingly frustrating
Oh Heavens, hear my supplication!
Lead me out of this creatively suffocating den

That ultimately leads to NOWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment