Thursday 16 July 2015

Quiet Noise by Tomi Colors

Deep hills  

Might can never climb 

Shallow seas  

How strong are your arms 

Teach the hunter to fish 

He just might learn 

Savaged innocence 

Iyadeku my child 

Lost in the war  

Found in the battle 

I watched as my son left 

And as a monster returned 

Off the cliff against the rocks 

I blew the past  

Crashing tides  

Is it a fight or a hug 

Pain reeks all through 

As I watch through the blinds 

Curse the fallen  

Praise those who stand 

Had I known  

Like they didn't 

The fallen would stand 

Jogbolo the sword in my shear  

The battles you won 

The blood you shed 

Yes, you obeyed 

But did you ask if it was  

If it was right or wrong 

U never grumbled 

Yes a loyal servant 

A sure help 

But not a true friend 

Ogbon my queen 

Arewa obinrin  

To you I bow 




Without you  

My steps like a child's  

Wobbly and shaky 

I  fell  

But I said marry me 

My ring u took  

And yours chain inbetween  

Saying let go off Jogbolo  

Disown iyadeku  

They shall not serve you 

Hold on to me 

Don't break this chain 

And see where we get too. 

A place of quiet noises.


No comments:

Post a Comment