Thursday 16 July 2015

Olaide Ologbon by @TomiColors




Ask her, speak up 

Where is he?

Where have u kept him? 

Tell us now 

He saw you, we knew  

He called you in, we knew  

But then who you were 

Who are you 

We never knew 

It was too good 

It was too real 

Just like a poison 

In a spice glass 

Fixing for the attack 


Me Olaide  

A wife in the house of Asipa the great 

I know not where he is 

But in all I know this 

Even if the serpent flies  

And the great eagles swim 

And fishes run 

I know you are right 

Your wisdom flows 

And in it I would learn 

I am but a child  

Your child 


We saw through your lies 

The massacre you had on 

Thick was your pretense 

The cloud of lies so dense 

But still we saw through 

No need for witnesses 

We have seen your weaknesses 

There shall be no call for you 

Cos to you a fall would come 

Run in run out  

All your help is gone 

You have lost this war 


My husband's people 

My people of the most importance 

You are all I have 

Even I am nothing without you 

You are the tree behind my garden 

When the rattle snake comes 

It's rattle announces 

I am nothing but your rattle 

If you would tell me to fall 

If you would cast me away 

Oh I am doomed 

Have mercy on your child 

The mother beats the child 

But never throws it away.. 

Have mercy 

See me look at me 

I have no husband 

He is gone 

Cover me in your love's coat 

Don't throw in to the stream reproach 

Let me find comfort in you my people 

Comfort you give to those that aren't yours 

Help me I am yours all yours 

Help me. 


I Asipa the great 

I have heard your plea 

And you find mercy.  


@TomiColors

No comments:

Post a Comment