Monday 30 June 2014

"What I Remember" by Tomi Colors


The smiles the tears
My father’s nudging nods
My mother’s warming hands
The peace in everything
The trust in every eye
Nothing at all mattered
I had them they got me
Everyone very much
Closer it was……….
Better I felt…………
The pieces never had to merge
But away I was taken
The truth was ripped
The real became visible
Life became mean
Survival necessary
Mutation compulsory
Then I fell a bit too low
And ran so far
Became the worse
The farther I went…..
The stronger I was…..
Then I returned
Different I was
Not the same
Darker, meaner
Nobody knew why
They only saw the evil
Only feared the change
The more I showed………………..
The farther they turned…………
It became lonely
We became sad
So we made a trade
The old for a new
We tried we strived
But nothing could away take
Nothing could prove
Memories held
Memories still hold
I wish different
I hoped different
I worked different
But the same all stayed
Nothing changed…
That’s all I remember…

No comments:

Post a Comment