Tuesday 10 June 2014

"Passion for Truth" by Oluwaseyi Alamu

   
It was the dawn of a new day.
A day filled with hope and expectation.
I opened the windows to see the world.
It was the sight of men accused wrongly,
Women weeping for pain and
Children dying of starvation.

With tears in my eyes I exclaimed,
God why all these pains?
Why so much disappointment and falsehood?
Then came the still small voice
 ‘Where is truth?’

In search of the much needed Truth I went.
He was not in the streets;
Neither was he in the markets.
I couldn't find him in the offices.
I then concluded that he had gone back home,
To the church of the living God,
The pillar and ground of the truth: where he resides.

With great excitement I ran and hailed;
Racing to the church,
Hoping to find the missing truth.

As I opened the doors of the church
Tears rolled uncontrollably down my eyes
As I saw many lying, widows and fatherless abandoned,
Selfishness and covetousness rejoicing,
People were buying and selling, and nothing was of truth.

Confused and perplexed I left
Wondering where else to find the truth;
Then came this grieving thought
When the son of man comes
Will he find truth on earth?

Come O Lord and redeem your people!
For many are Iike lost sheep
All scattered in different directions ignoring the very truth of God’s word.
Where can one really find the truth?

For we can do nothing against the Truth [not serve any party or personal interest], but only for the Truth [which is the Gospel].
                                                                                                      2 Cor. 13:8 (AMP).

                                                                                         
                                                             By Alamu Oluwaseyi

No comments:

Post a Comment