Tuesday 27 May 2014

Why I Want You to Write for My Blog


I recently asked some few friends to guest post for me on my blog and I felt I could extend the invitation to as many others who may be interested. Some of the questions that I believe would have arisen in the minds of many of those I contacted with the offer are: “Why is this guy asking me to write for his blog?” “Does this guy have anything to gain from me writing for his blog?” These and many other questions have probably been going through the minds of my friends. One person actually told me he was going to consider my offer carefully so as to understand the implications of posting his articles on my blog.

Let me state clearly that as of now there is no pecuniary reward for me in this. There will be rewards later, I believe. But they may not be pecuniary (and they could be). But for now there is no financial gain to be enjoyed from the offer. So why am I opening up a blog that for about two years has been largely personal? First, I have been a beneficiary of guest posting. One of the things that have given my writing a lift is having my articles published on omojuwa.com. Having my write-ups published on the blog has given me more publicity and reach. Second, it is to give opportunity to those who for a long time have dreamt of publishing their creative materials or streams of thought online and for those who have started a blog but have not been consistent in operating it. Guest blogging gives the guest blogger an opportunity to publish their thoughts without the pressure of having to regularly update their blog. You do not have to start thinking you have to make sure another post is published as soon as possible or that you have to keep up with your posting schedule. It also gives an opportunity to those who have always wanted to blog but who do not have any inkling about how and/or where to start as a blogger. Guest blogging also helps drive traffic to your site if you already have a blog.

Is guest blogging beneficial only to guest bloggers? Not all. I also benefit from having you write for my blog. By guest posting on my blog, you are helping me to keep up with the demands of regularly updating my blog. Having guest bloggers on my blog gives it a versatility it wouldn't have if I am the only one posting write-ups and it will also give the blog a universal outlook. Guest blogging for me also drives traffic to my blog and the logic is simple: when your write-up is published, you will send the link to your friends and followers to read what you have written. So the truth is that guest blogging is a win-win situation for both sides.

To get your article published on my blog, send your well-edited materials in Microsoft Word (MS Word) format. No PDFs or links. Attach your material to the email as MS word. You can add your blog’s address to your article if you have a blog; it helps to push your blog. You may also add your byline. Add your twitter handle to your byline if you are on twitter. Email your materials to www.darasimioshodi@gmail.com. You can write on any issue or genre as long as what your write-up is not malicious.

So if you are interested in having your write-ups published, I will be glad to be of help.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment