Monday 15 August 2016

HELP FEMI OGUNJIMI PARTICIPATE AT WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE 2016

"The World Youth Conference 2016 will take place from 11th to 14th November at New Delhi, India. I have been selected as a Nigeria delegate" 




Education and peace are vital to the world at large.

The World Youth Conference 2016, “Youth for Sustainable Development” will take place from 12 to 14 November, 2016 in New Delhi, India. The Conference has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, called ‘New Delhi Action Plan’.I applied last month and got a mail on 10th of this month, confirming my selection as a Nigeria delegate. Accomodation and feeding cost is being taken care by the host while travelling expenses (Visa and ticket) is to be borne by participants or sponsors.

The Conference is expected to bring together 1500 participants, half of them young people, and 150 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at the global level. 

Teenage building and National development is one which I am passionate about and have been committed to since November 2009. I believe in making positive and sustainable impact. I see a Nigeria where READING will be FUN as seeing a movie at the cinemas and a Africa where our LEADERS will be proven READERS. I also believe that if teenagers are built during their teenage years, teenage deliquency and vices such as cultism can be minimized if not totally eliminated and invariably enabling National and world peace. I founded Readers' Forum in November, 2009 with the vision of building a reading culture in the African Continent and thus far, have been able to establish a working relationship with 10 secondary schools in Lagos State, 2 at Oyo State and 2 at Ile-Ife, Osun state. I believe in the Sustainable Development Goals and youth participation in making it happen. I believe that attending the world youth conference will aid me in contributing more to the development of our country Nigeria.

BENEFITS WHICH THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND NIGERIA AS A WHOLE WILL DERIVE FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE

1. Participating in the conference will expose me to better ways of running a social enterprise as I will learn from people across the world and return to Nigeria to implement lessons learnt and do more towards creating a better Nigeria.
2. Readers' Forum will be opened to international opportunities and donors which will invariably enable my team and I to do more in building the Nigerian teenage child via our activities in secondary schools.
3. Participation at the conference will enable me to join hands with other Nigerian youth and international bodies to create platforms for achieving the SDGs. 
4. The efforts of the United Nations is at seeing how together, we can achieve the Sustainable Development Goals; hence, my selection as Nigeria's delegate based on what I do is a way of using me as a tool to engage more young people in Nigeria.
5. Networking is key to individual, community and National growth; this which the world youth conference will give.

I will definitely return to do more for my country, Nigeria.
Below are links to few videos of past events of Readers' Forum;
http://https://youtu.be/Y3iSnNQgTEQ


Twitter: @readerstweets

BBM: 5C054642

Tel: 08137229888

Website: We previously had www.readers-forum.org but it is currently down and our social media manager - Kehinde Ogunbiyi (Twitter: @CapacityBuildr) is currently working on another one for us.

THANK YOU AS YOU SUPPORT ME IN ATTENDING THE WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE THEREBY ENABLING ME TO NETWORK, EXPLORE AND RETURN TO DO MORE FOR NIGERIA.

Go to https://donate-ng.com/project/162

No comments:

Post a Comment