Wednesday 10 September 2014

Alfred Ajani, Nigerian who employed unsual method in his job search, lands dream job

Alfred Ajani is the guy who employed an unusual method in his job search; he went to a train station and held up a poster to advertise himself to employers.  The 22-year-old took the approach after he had applied for more than 300 jobs and his approach has finally paid off. One of the people who saw him holding up the sign has given him a job. he has been given a marketing role at a recruiting agency, the Asoria Group.-, whichis a few meters from the spot where he stood to  advertise himself.



Ajani said: 'The director walked past me when he saw me that morning, but later got in contact through [the website] LinkedIn. The company said they were looking for someone with out of the box ideas and so they were keen to get me in.' He added: 'The job is one I wouldn't have got if I hadn't gone to the station that morning, so I advise anyone out there who is in the same position I was to think of more direct ways to speak to employers.'



Alfred's new colleagues made special T-shirts with his photo on them to welcome him on his first day at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment