Tuesday 11 March 2014

Thank You Arsene Wenger, and Yes, Arsenal FC, We CAN!!!

Arsenal FC are in the semi-finals of the F.A. Cup and I am deeply grateful to Monsieur Arsene Wenger. Before the quarter-final match against Everton, I was apprehensive. I had thought Arsenal’s season was going to end that afternoon. This is not because I am a cynic but because I had seen what happened to my darling team in similar situations in the past. I was worried about the team Wenger was going to choose against Everton, considering the fact that we would be facing Bayern Munich a few days later in the Champions League. I was thinking Wenger might field an under-strength team against Everton because of the Bayern match (which I thought was already out of our hands). I thhought Wenger would take a decision that would make Arsenal lose against Everton. But thankfully, Coach Arsene Wenger decided to take the match seriously and we ended up beating Everton 4-1. It was a score line I definitely could not have predicted, and all of a sudden I started to think we might go to Munich and overturn the table against them. Thank you, Mr. Wenger, for taking the F.A. Cup seriously again. Thank you for renewing your desire to win the F.A. Cup.

I have been supporting Arsenal FC of England for a little over 15 years now and I have not regretted my decision, so whatever I write about Arsenal FC is from a passionate heart. A heart that is passionate about such an impressive football club. My love for the club is so great that despite all the taunts and derisive comments I have endured from supporters of other football clubs, even those whose clubs have not recorded the achievements Arsenal have had, I never for once thought of supporting a different club. My support and love for the club have not reduced one bit despite the fact that the club has gone trophy-less for many years now. My respect for the coach, Arsene Wenger, has also not reduced. In fact, season in season out, I keep appreciating his efforts on the team. I admire what he is trying to achieve with the club and I believe that if he does not sell his best players, Arsenal will soon end her trophy drought.

This evening, I am looking forward to a great second leg game between Arsenal and Bayern Munich. From our win on Saturday, my belief in the team has been bolstered and I expect them to go all out and win the game. We beat them at home last season and they edged us out only on goals aggregate. So WE CAN! Yes, WE CAN! I must also add that whatever the outcome of today’s match, Arsene Wenger has made me proud this season because I don’t think any other team had a more difficult run than Arsenal up to this stage of the F.A. Cup competition. Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton were among the adversaries that we have already faced in the F.A. Cup this season and we triumphed over all of them. Barring any upset, which has become a constant feature in the F.A. Cup (It still happened with Wigan beating Manchester City on Sunday), Arsenal are on course to win the F.A. Cup this year. But because of the many years of failure to win a trophy, Arsenal faithfuls are now very cautious in expressing their confidence in their club’s capability to win a trophy.

Tonight, we will be wishing Arsenal good luck and will be praying in our hearts that Arsenal will reenact the magic they performed in 2008 at the San Siro Stadium when Arsenal did the impossible by beating AC Milan at home.

ARSENAL, YES WE CAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment